HICKORY, N.C.– For the next straight time, the Lenoir-Rhyne Women’s Lacrosse Workforce fell in extra time in the South Atlantic Conference Tournament Quarterfinals. The Bears played the longest sport in software heritage tonight, slipping to Lincoln Memorial in triple time beyond regulation at Moretz Stadium.
Inside THE MATCHUP
Ultimate: Lincoln Memorial 12, Lenoir-Rhyne 11
Documents: Lenoir-Rhyne (8-10), Lincoln Memorial (12-6)
Site: Hickory, N.C. | Moretz Stadium
STATS OF THE Sport
- Just like the 1st time these two groups performed 10 days in the past, Lincoln Memorial scored 1st but the Bears answered with an extended scoring operate.
- LR scored 4 straight as Kaitlyn Lehman netted the 1st and Suzy Smith had three in a row to place the Bears up 4-1.
- Avery Van Der Ziel answered with back again-to-again scores to pull the Railsplitters in just 1 at 4-3 with the 2nd purpose coming with just 4 seconds still left in the opening quarter.
- Smith started off the scoring in the next quarter and Cambrie Cochran added her sixth goal of the calendar year as LR took a 7-4 lead.
- LMU would draw inside just one objective two occasions in the third quarter but LR prolonged the direct to 11-8 on Smith’s seventh target of the activity with 9:48 to perform in the fourth quarter.
- Having said that, LMU would end regulation on a 3- operate and tied the game up with 3:14 to play on a man-up purpose from Sydnee Saksa.
- Each goalie manufactured standout will save in the fourth quarter and into time beyond regulation with Teanna Sieben in particular coming up major with a few stops in overtime.
- The Bears ended up a participant down thanks to a yellow card in the next time beyond regulation but a Sieben preserve saved the video game heading.
- As the video game went into a 3rd overtime, LMU at last broke the scoring drought when Chandler Bell beat Sieben to mail LMU on to the semifinals.
- Smith finished with nine factors on seven goals and two helps and Jolan Morey had a aim and 4 assists for LR.
- Isabelle Dunnam and Cassie Lafler combined for 7 brought on turnovers and just about every had four floor balls.
- Melanie Cascio experienced 3 plans and an support and Jaedyn Ryba and Chandler Bell had two aims and an help for the Railsplitters.
- LMU dominated the attract, winning 20 of 28 attract controls on the match led by 7 from Samantha Billingsley, six from Ryba and five from Avery Van Der Ziel.
- Keegan Gillman came off the bench to make 9 saves and receive the acquire.
Past THE BOX Rating:
- This was the initial-at any time get for LMU over Lenoir-Rhyne in collection historical past. The Bears experienced been 7- from the Railsplitters.
- The Bears played a double time beyond regulation video game against Mount Olive in 2018 which was the longest match in system historical past right before tonight.
- LR fell to UVA Smart in overtime in the Quarterfinal round of 2021.
- Smith tied a career-large with people 7 aims tonight and sits just 5 absent from 100 objectives for her career.
- Dunnam concluded the campaign with a plan-document 47 brought about turnovers.
- LMU goes on to play #1 Queens on Friday.
- Both SAC Quarterfinal online games went to overtime as Newberry upset Limestone in OT.
- LR was held scoreless for the closing 16:37 of the activity.